Fried chicken has never been boring to me! Yeah I can eat fried chicken every day! No matter how many dishes that served on the table if they have fried chicken, I’ll grab them as fast as you can run! Yes I am that freak. Nevertheless, I only eat certain parts of the chicken because to me not all the part as delicious as others, well that is me. I always want to eat wings, thighs and breast is my last favorite, I don’t know why but of course I am not a hater lol
Fried chicken is not only need to be crispy but also has to be moist inside and flavorful and the best part of it, every body can make super easy crispy fried chicken! Yes, it is as easy as one two three! Now here we go, let’s try to make one simple crispy fried chicken.
What we need : Chicken of course as much as you like but this recipe is for two people as usual, you can adjust all the ingredients later on, depends on how much chicken do you want to eat.
alright here we go!
- chicken thigh, chicken wings all any kinds chunk you want
- 1 to 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 to 2 tbsp rice flour/corn starch
- ground black pepper
- gound white pepper
- lawrys salt
- paprika powder
- garlic powder
- 3 cloves of fresh garlic, crushed
- onion powder
- 2 eggs white, beat
- canola oil or vegetable oil for frying
- In a mixing bowl, prepared your chicken that has been clean end ready to marinated with crushed garlic, white and black pepper ( you can skip the white pepper if you dont have one ), lawrys salt, paprika powder and onion powder.
- Rub the mixture to the chicken and gently press like you do soft massage on the chicken. set aside minimum two hours, you can do it longer as you wish. Meanwhile we can now prepare the dry mixture.
- Make a dry mixture of all purpose flour, rice flour, black pepper, paprika powder and garlic powder. For a half cup of all purpose flour you can add one tsp of each spice and herbs.
- Dip the chicken into the dry mixture until it well coated. Dip one chicken at a time and if all chicken have done, set aside. we are going to coat them for the second time.
- Into a bowl beat 2 eggs white and whisk if needed so it doesn’t feel too thick or too stiff. This is going to be second coating. Dip the chicken with first coating to the eggs white to coat, then dip directly into the dry mixture again for the second coating until well coated and thick enough but not too thick. The key to the crispy chicken is the second coating. We want it to be well coating but not too much because it will be a disaster. You will feel the softened flour as it has mixed with the eggs white and sometimes it forms the KFC style chicken crumbs on it 🙂 which is good to me
- Deep frying the chicken in a deep fryer or deep dutch oven in a 350 F. Do not turn it over before it golden brown 🙂
Tips : Fried chicken is easy but tricky. We don’t want to make it too greasy so we only want to fry it in the right temperature with the generous amount of oil. Do not turn the chicken over and over again, only do it one time after it turns golden brown, enjoy the chicken 🙂