Dear friends and readers,
It’s been a while since my last post, I’m sorry for missing in action lol
Today I want to share my easy peasy recipe for those who likes to eat fish but maybe wants to try something different instead of grilling or roasting. Here I have asam manis recipe and this is on of my favourite dish since I was teenager. Yep, my father used to cook this for us as well as my mother. Both of them are great cooks!
The ingredients are easy and you can find it everywhere. This is actually chinese dish. I tried few sweet and sour dishes here in the states but I came into one similar disappointment, the taste is slightly different than what I expect, but well, maybe it’s just me, yeah it is probably 🙂
Have you tried pomfret fish? or pompano? or maybe wild mackarel? well anything you like to try with this gravy, but I don’t think salmon is going to be a good compliment for this type of dish. As much as you can, please find a pomfret or pompano fish 🙂 or if you are a vegetarian, simply bring some delicious healthy tofu to celebrate your love with food 🙂
- 1 medium size of pompano or pomfret fish, deep fried.
- 1 cup of chunk of fresh pinapple
- 1/2 cup of sliced onion
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped finely
- 2 stalks of green onion, sliced 1 inch length
- red bell pepper
- sliced of carrot ( if you like )
- jalapeno & red chilli slice if you like a little bit kick in it
- pinch of grounded white pepper
- pinch of salt
- pinch of sugar
- 1 tbsp tsp oyster sauce
- 2 tsp of tomato ( ketchup )
- half tomato, diced
- 2 tsp corn starch, mix with water for thickening the gravy
- oil to cook
- Over a medium high heat, put a tbsp of oil to saute the garlic until it’s slightly golden brown and fragrant
- Toss the onion, red chilli, red bell pepper, carrot, green onion, diced tomatoes, chunk of pineapple. Stir while you saute them until a little bit soft (but not too soft)
- Add 1 tsp of oyster sauce, stir quick and add white pepper, salt and sugar to taste. Stir again for 10 secs
- To thickening the sauce, put the corn starch mixture and stir it until the gravy is quite thick.
- Pour the sweet sour gravy on top of the fried fish or tofu.