Spring is coming and this is my favorite season!
Here I share super easy recipes for those who loves veggies and crispy veggies 😉
No difficulties, no hustle bustle, this is a no brainer cooking with delicious result!
I missed the traditional style of mungbean sprouts with anchovies on top! Uhmm, it reminds me of my childhood and all the simplicity being a kid, don’t your miss that too? Eating this with warm steamed jasmine rice and ughhhhhhh I’m drooling just to imagine this again and again… Oh gawshhhhhhh, let’s get started…
- One cup of mungbean sprouts or soybean sprouts, as fresh as it could be please xD
- 1 red chilli ( skip if u don’t like it replace it with diced bell pepper )
- Julienne carrot 1/4 cup
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 small shallot, finely sliced
- Corn oil
- Salt to taste
- White pepper
- Sugar if you like but just a little tiny bit of it
- Fried anchovies, if you are vegetarian, obviously skip this and there you go… let’s start cooking!
Over a medium high heat, place the pan and a little bit amount of oil, toss the garlic and shallot until fragrant and toss the carrot first, sliced chilli, and the mung bean sprouts. Searing all the ingredients for 2 – 3 mins, sprinkle the white pepper, salt and a pinch of sugar to taste, mix well and turn of the heat.
Tips : we don’t want over cooked mung bean sprouts, so we only want to cook it as fast as possible. Put the topping ( anchovies ) only after the cooking proses has done to keep the crispiness, enjoy!